Expenses, Eligibility & Registration
Andover Elementary School Early Learning Center does not discriminate on the basis of diverse racial, ethnic, religious, or economic backgrounds, and includes children with special needs.
What Students Are Eligible?
- Students aged 3 on or before December 31st of the current school year
- Students aged 4 who won't turn 5 years old on or before December 31st
When Do I need To Register?
- Enrollment befings the first week of February of the preceding school year
- Students enrolling in a second year of preschool must fill out a registration packet submitted no later than March 15th of the current school year
- Registration forms can be accessed on our site or by calling the Main Office at (860)742-7339
Where Can I Get The Registration Forms?
What Is The Cost To Send My Student To Andover Preschool?
- $600/month, or $6000/year
- Andover Elementary School Early Learning Center receives funding for reduced tuition rates from two State Grants:
- The School Readiness Grant
- The Smart Start Grant
- For both programs, families may apply for reduced tuition rates if they meet the Connecticut Sliding Fee Scale qualification
- Upon receiving your application, you will receive a tuition agreement form outlining your tuition based on your income & family size
Guidelines For Preschool Enrollment
- Preschool grant slots will be available first to four year old resident students whose families meet the income eligibility guidelines.
- Preschool grant slots will then be available to three year old resident students whose families meet the income eligibility guidelines.
- 40% of the School Readiness and Smart Start slots will be available to Andover residents who will pay full tuition.
- If any income eligibility School Readiness grant slots remain, they will be open to out of town residents who meet the income eligibility requirements.
- If any of the 40% full time School Readiness slots remain, they will be available to out of town residents who will pay full tuition.
Students determined eligible for Special Education services are entitled to enrollment in the preschool program as required by FAPE (Free and Appropriate Public Education) guidelines.
Children enrolled in the School Readiness program are not required to be residents of Andover. School Readiness slots will be available to non-Andover residents based on availability.
School Readiness & Smart Start
Andover Elementary School Early Learning Center also has an allotted number of School Readiness & Smart Start slots available to Andover families who meet income guidelines. Children enrolled in the Smart Start program must be residents of Andover. Families must provide written proof of residency.
What If Theres More Applicants Than Seats?
If there are more children applying than placements available, families will be put on a waitlist, determined by their application date.